Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Child support ?

bio mom of ss was ordered to pay support what if she objects hows that work


Asked by rinamomof2 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 21 (11,629 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • she can object... if its court odered its court ordered. She can ask for appeals and modifications up to the limit of your state. She also runs the risk of pissing them off and it getting even higher. CS is basically a formula in most states and courts so whatever with her.
    That said... just b/c its ordered doesn't mean that she will pay. Hopefully it will be going through the state rather than directly to you... even if there is a fee its WORTH IT. (b/c it provides a middle person). It also doesn't mean that she will actually pay it... but then again she will also have to deal with the consequences. (which can be a long time coming but eventually do come) my ex just served time for unpaid-- hes 20k for one, so yeah it took a while. Some states are better at enforcing than others all states are strapped. Basically never count on it... but I view it as money for the future b/c his credit is also f-ed.

    Answer by MamiJaAyla at 6:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • She can object all she wants but if you have custody of him she has to pay it

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • CS is a damn joke. My ex owes me 2500 and has hardly paid. He has had his license taken away 2 times but signs a repayment agreement and gets it right back. He still doesn't pay after he signs it though. Yet they give him his license. He works under the table too. :( It will be a non stop fight with them for 18 years.

    Answer by surfgrl60 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • You can look into in your state, but here if one party objects the case is handed over to the family court judge who goes over all the info and either agrees with the child support judge's ruling and it's filed, or s/he can over-turn it. I don't know if it goes back in front of the child support office or if the family court judge can change it. Ex didn't get that far because he had no valid grounds for objecting so the family court judge ruled the cs judge's order stood.


    Answer by desert_diva at 3:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • I think if Court ordered she'll have to pay, but so many don't or are late it's a joke. My DD was owed almost 1000.00 for her son when she was killed. She got $500.00 the day she died and I paid some bills, the other $500.00 the State said the Dad could keep, which I felt was wrong, because it was back $ for food and clothes etc. But the Courts don't really give a damn so good luck.

    Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • i think child support is a bunch of bs.. she can refuse all she want they will still order her to pay. the reason i say its a bunch of bs is because if the parent doesnt pay they dont do a damn thing about it.. my kids father is 5,317.00 behind on one child. i called and complained and tried to take him back to court and they still havent done anything

    Answer by chrstny88 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2011