What is your fav board game to play with your family?

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Monopoly , shutes and ladders
    momma_2_3kids

Answer by momma_2_3kids at 8:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Arkham Horror, Settlers of Catan, Redneck Life, Telestrations......I could keep going.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• We always played Monopoly and now my Gr-Kids seem to like it also, my S/O likes it more than I do, but I'll play just bec they want to. I played it SOOOOOO much as a child I guess I'm just tired of it, I prefer scrabble, so I've gotten a couple of games in of that also.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• grown-ups Balderdash
    kids Shutes and ladders.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 2:23 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• with the kids we play Zingo and after the kids go to bed, my husband and I play the card game Phase 10 :)
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 2:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Not sure if you'd consider it a board game but I like to play Yahtzee

Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 2:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I never play candy land till I had kids. Mine are only 6, 5 and 3 and they can play it without assistance and I love it! They espceially love when they beat mommy or daddy. I also like to play go fish with them because they are finally catching on to who has asked for what card.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 4:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Monopoly!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 4:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Try looking at the websites for Mayfair games and Looney Labs. They have lots of great family oriented games that focus on teamwork or strategy instead of domination (like Hasbro and Parker Bros). The games these companies sell let all player stay in until the end and play, unlike the domination games where people who aren't doing well are eliminated. Little kids don't do well when they aren't allowed to continue to play. We go to gaming conventions every summer, two weeks from now is Origins in Columbus and July had GenCon in Indianapolis. They have lots of companies selling board games and offering demos so you can see if you like it. Origins is more family oriented than GenCon, IMO, and they offer a family badge for like $10.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2011