So when does labor begin? adult content

i was reviewing these questions asked on here,i am already a mother but i feel so dumb bc i cant answer the question when did your labor start or how long where you in labor?
i went into the hospital at 6pm on a saturday but i had been having on and off again contractions from 4 pm friday night, the same time again happened on Saturday so my grand maw took me in, they told me to walk two more hours and come back that was when i was admitted. my contractions remained on and off till 1 pm Sunday when they had pricked my water, and then i began pushing at 7:05 pm that night and my daughter was born 8:13 PM Sunday.
my question is when did this labor started? im so confused and feel so silly for not knowing....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Honestly, if your contractions were not ever REGULAR, I would say your labor didn't start until after you had your water broken (or pricked, as you said) and they became regular. I have on-and-off contractions for WEEKS before my babies arrive, but I don't consider myself IN LABOR until they are consistent, regular, growing closer together, and painful. Lol.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• ok i have been just so confused and felt so silly for not being able to answer for two years now lol.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• With my first pregnancy I didnt feel any contractions at all, braxton hicks or real ones until after my water broke. I remember being so scared that I was gonna miss going into labor all together. That some how it was just gonna happen and then I'd have the baby and I'd miss it all. But my water broke at 11:30pm Wednesday night and I had my daughter at 4:14pm Thursday. That was 4 years ago. I think that labor starts when your contractions are regular, get stronger and closer together. Or when your water breaks if that happens before contractions start. So in your case I would say when your water was broke.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• When I had my third child, I was effaced and dilated to 4 cm four weeks before he was born. I didn't feel any contractions til three hours before he was born. I went 4 weeks over my due date and for the last 3 weeks they did tests on me every wednesday and friday. On fridays the test was called a "stress test". They put in an IV with pitocin and the doc would sit out at the nurses station and watch the moniter strapped to my stomach. Every now and then he would come in all excited saying "that was a good one, wasn't it?" I never knew what he was talking about. My stomach would get pretty firm, but no pain. My conclusion is that labor begins when your cervix starts to efface and dilate and ends when the placenta is delivered. That is just my opinion.
    Tess48612

Answer by Tess48612 at 12:29 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• ok so then if i understand this all right then my labor began at 11pm when they pricked my water,and ended at 830pm so that is 9.5 hours...hey that isnt bad for a first timer..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2011