Has anyone lived in a homeless shelter? Salvation Army

People here on a previous post tell me to not move until I have a job secured. The problem is, I'm severely broke. I just have enough money for gas, but not for rent or a move. I have been applying online everywhere. Many employers say that I must provide for my own move.

I am wanting to move to an area of 4 % unemployment with 4.4% new job creation, Odessa, TX. I cannot wait any longer or afford more traveling for interviews. I need to make one strategic move. I want to start small where I know I can exist then work myself into the next higher paying job.

I've slept in my car and within the place of work during the winter at my last place of work (they didn't know). I was trying to move up into a full time job before budget cutbacks were announced. I just don't have money for rent. So I have to transition rent free for a while (where there are jobs).

Has anyone lived in a homeless shelter? If so, what should I do in preparation i.e. credit freeze to prevent id theft?

Thanks in advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• Do you have kids that would be with you? If so, what would you do with them while you went to an interview or when you first got a job but couldn't afford childcare just yet? Honestly, I agree with the others. I wouldn't move until you had a job there. At least with your situation now, you have family to help you. Continue looking for jibs in your area but expand to places up to 1 1/2 away.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• *jobs
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• PM me.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2011