Do you think this site would be better if people were no longer allowed to post anonymously?

I go on several different sites and NO other chat type group gives the anonymous option.I think that it allows alot of bull on here and sometimes the people who have legitimate questions get missed.

kellyandliz

Asked by kellyandliz at 11:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I agree with you and it would be a better site if we all had to show our faces.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 11:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• The benefit is that people can ask questions or share information they wouldn't be able to other wise. Oh wait... that's also the bad part.

Everything has it's pros and cons. People may get distracted by the drama and posts added just to cause it.  But people who want to avoid all that can.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I think the posters should be able to ask questions anonymously... like if I had an embarrassing question (like vaginal itching or something) I might not want people to know it was me, but the people who respond should not be able to be anonymous... they should be honest.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Yeah but I might not want to share my itchy vagina experience with you if it wasn't anon. I kinda goes both ways.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Some questions are very private or contivercial. Many people do not want to be judged, they just want an answer. If something you feel as a question or answer is inappropriate I think this website has done a great job to make reporting it easy.
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 12:25 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I'm more for the person asking the question being anon, bc of embarrassing issues, but not so much for those answering questions. Great example, some a-hole anon poster ragging on a bfing mother in an earlier question I read. And, of course, I reported it!
    My2Midgets01

Answer by My2Midgets01 at 5:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• sometimes people want to be able to give their honest opinions w/o fear of being judged or retaliated against... but they should not use the anonymity (i can't spell) to be butts, i know the post you are talking about with the bfing mother, i thought that was uncalled for. (and yes posting anonymously was done as a point)
    Anonymous