My 18 month old son is always sick. He has had around 10 ear infections since he was born, so he just had tubes put in last week. I thought everything would be better now, but I was wrong.

HollyNae

Asked by HollyNae at 10:23 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Health

• so sAD...i hope that the tubes help and that he doesnt suffer from bad hearing from all the infections. were you given any reason as to why he is having so many??
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Not sure what you are asking, but I am sorry for the constant sickness. Have you tried giving your son vitamins or found out if he has seasonal allergies? My son was getting sick a lot and we put him on vitamins. That helped for a while. Then we found out that allergies were triggering more (like asthma) and our Dr. has us give him 1 tsp. of Zyrtec every day. It has helped SO much. Ask your Dr. about preventative measures, whether it be a medication, or something in his environment that needs to be eliminated, etc.
    icook

Answer by icook at 10:29 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• So what are you askin? Are his ears still bothering him? If so call your doc right away.
    What exactally is goin on?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• does he sleep on his tummy or back. if on his tummy try to get him to sleep on his back. you may want to concider taking him to a chiropractor. if he was born vaginally he could have been twisted too much at birth causing a cevical misalignment, which will put pressure on his ears. also if he sleeps on his tummy it can cause or make an alignement worse.
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 11:11 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• The question I'm asking is there anything else I can do? He runs a fever almost every other week and has a runny nose. He is not sleeping good at nite and crabby! My doctor doesn't tell me much, just thinks I'm a crazy mom, because I have my son in there all the time. I would just like some different opinions.
    HollyNae

Answer by HollyNae at 11:17 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Give him the best possible diet you can.

Encourage green smoothies for one - greens and fruits blended. My son is 1 and loves these a lot. Greens and fruits contain all the nutrients your body needs so will help him immensely.

Try to give him plenty of fresh air and sunlight too.

And just make sure he gets plenty of rest too.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:31 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I think there are several things you can do for him nutritionally and with natural supplements for info pm me.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 11:53 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• sounds like he is vaccinated. I would see if not vaccinating or selective vaccinating helps.

Anonymous

• Ear infections are a side effect on many vaccines. Look at your calender and see if his infections have occured around his shots.

My kids are unvaxed and never had an ear infection. My Goddaughter was going to need tubes and mom and dad stopped vaxing, she hasn't been ill since.. and no ear infections or tubes.

Good luck.

It is frustrating to have a sick LO.. wish you the best.
    StarMommy77

Answer by StarMommy77 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2008