How do you deal with depression while pregnant?

Before I found out I was pregnant I was taking celexa a anti depressant and aderall to help me focus and was smoking. I quit everything as soon as I found out which made me a little crazy and on edge. but since Im doing better but I still suffer the depression Im not motivated and Im still sad I dont know what to do about this tho. this bugs me. what has other mothers here with depression done while pregnant?

apeyhen

Asked by apeyhen at 2:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I did tons of yoga...it keeps me even...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Focus on something you love or enjoy doing. Find something to keep you distracted. Also make sure you have a solid support group.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 4:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I continued with my meds. Which was zoloft. I'd stay on celexa but cut the rest out. You want to enjoy your pregnancy and depression isn't good for baby either! Talk to your doc! Good luck Hun, I've been there!
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 5:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Its a very good idea to get into a support group. It also helps to walk. I think any aerobic type of excercise will do the same thing. Sometimes you can find an excercise class for pregnant women, and that could help build friendships with other women who have some things in common with you----namely the upcoming baby. And a support system of friends might help with depression.
    Tess48612

Answer by Tess48612 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 12, 2011