Pitt-Jolie Foundation, giving money to Joplin--- WHY the publicity?

I mean, yeah, you gave money, but why all the publicity? When I truly want to help someone, I do it out of the goodness of my heart, with no publicity- emergency medical training, I guess. But, who really cares that they donated money? I don't. Get over yourselves. So, you gave money. Lots of other people busted their asses off helping people at the scene. They're not doing it for the publicity. I say, if you helped, Great. But publicity is not why you do it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I'll venture to guess they have a movie due out soon, or they're adopting another child from some forlorn country. It's likely a PR stunt!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I'm glad he's helping. It's nice to see someone with money, and a connection, not forget about where they came from...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Foundations like that depend on donations. I doubt it's only their money. Sort of like the Red Cross doing something for an area. I may not agree with Pitt or Jolie's politics, but I admire that they put their money where their mouth is and actually actively take part in things they care about. If it takes putting their name one something to get the cause more attention, then so be it. With all of the areas in our country that are dealing with natural disasters, a little attention to remind the public that people are in need isn't a bad thing. JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• First of all, that is where Pitt's grandma lived and he was there a lot in childhood. He gave an interview a few weeks ago about it.
    Secondly, im sure, that with one natural disaster after another, people are forgetting about all the devastation that occured the week before.
    It seems to me that Brad Pitt is just trying to keep Joplin, a place close to his heart, in peoples minds, and remind them that the people are still suffering and still devastated. He is using his fame for something good. Instead if endorsing an Non FDA approved weight loss supplement, like many other stars, or something stupid, he is trying to help a community.
    And i am not a huge fan of his, or a fan AT ALL of Ms. Jolie. But at least they try to do SOME good.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• i don't think they're trying to do it publicly, i think that being brad & angelina...they can't do much without the tabloids knowing about it.

But, i also think it's good that people are seeing others share their money....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• who cares if they get publicity? i'm sure they can't poop without someone noticing. what does it matter?
    and btw..springfield and joplin are relatively close. again, not a big deal, op.
    which is worse: someone getting publicity for helping those less fortunate, or someone complaining about someone getting publicity for helping those less fortunate? you do the math.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• When a charity gets publicity, they get more donors! More donors more suplies.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 3:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Sometimes the publicity is good, because you have the Jolie/Pitt fanatics who would actually donate JUST BECAUSE they did! I don't care about the attention they get for it, if it was asked for or not....
    Anonymous

• Wrong. Pitt's family is from Springfield, NOT Joplin.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Anon who cares? Who is benefiting from the donations?

ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 3:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2011