Should I let him go?

Ds woke up sick this morning, he was running a low grade fever and was puking everywhere. I suspect that it is another ear infection, the doc said the next time he have one we will be talking about getting tubes in his ear. We were invited to a birthday party today. I kind of worried about him going in this heat, but dh said that I should let him go. It is a bout 90 degrees here in Alabama. Am I right to let him sit at home? Scared that he will get to running with the other kids and get sick all over again. What do you guys think?

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Kids' Health

• OP, here is a link you both may want to check out. Very helpful. http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/childhood-illnesses/fever

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Also want to add that you should wait at least 24 hours free of fever, and puking before he is around others.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• No, because he has a low fever and was throwing up.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I agree. Would you want a child who has been throwing up and had a fever the same day be around your little boy. Sure you think it's another ear infection and you're probably right, but do you really want to chance it? What if you find out that another child at the party becomes ill after?
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• If he's been sick, even he he seems better now, I'd keep him home and let him get some rest. Christine0813 is right. You should wait for him to be fever free for awhile before he's around others.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• If it were my child, I would keep him home and keep him comfortable. I would hate to take a sick kid to a party and most party hostesses would prefer sick kids stay home. They would not want him throwing up at the party, or exposing the other kids to his 'sick germs'.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Forgot to say he seems better now. He woke up from a long nap eating up everything in sight. By the way he is 2yrs old.
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• That is what I am trying to tell my hubby. I may just go get him some ice cream later on today.
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I would not send him to the party. You do not know if it was his ear or not. If looking forward to the party then maybe can do something special for him today like play a favorite game or something. My husband would do the same thing but finally he learned I know best. Maybe he is afaid your son will get upset if can not go and then just make it for you son and make a special day just for him.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I wouldn't want to get all the other kids sick, so I would be staying home with him.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2011