Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hubby vs Happiness vs The New Guy

I have a bit of a situation going on ladies and I need some advice. I met a guy whose divorce w/2 kids ages 1 and 2 plus he's great. He has a career and everything. Well me and my hubby are not getting along at all. We have a 2y/o and been married for 3yrs by the way. He always tell me he's just with me because he felt sorry for my past treatment by other guys and he just wanted to show me how a real man could treat me better. Than I asked him about making love to me and he gave me this disgusted look like I was dirty and was like he didn't want to do it. His excuse for the expression was he would rather have ruff sex and the making love crap was him in the old days. Well this new guy wants me bad but I don't feel like I'm ready to give up on my marriage. Should I separate with my hubby to see what this new guy has to offer or stay where I am?


Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • Dont give up on your marriage.Try marriage counseling. You obvioulsy saw something good in your hubby or you wouldnt have married him. Maybe hes having some problems. But I def would not separate FOR a new guy. I know there are good ones out there, but the new guy is just a fantasy b/c yours is not treating you good riight now. The New guy could be the same way.. you neeeever know! Good Lucka nd God Bless you guys!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

  • hubby sounds like a jerk if you want it to work try counseling, couples and 1-on-1. if you are just down and out about it and "KNOW" it's not going to get any better ya i would leave him. JMO

    Answer by watersgirls at 10:33 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

  • Your hubby sounds like a jerk to me! If my fiancee ever talked to like that he'd find his stuff on the front porch. But maybe suggest marriage counseling to him, when my fiancee and I started having problems we started going to couples counseling and it REALLY helped us see why we were in love with each other. Offer the counseling and if he doesn't take it, it shows that he is giving up. And maybe your not meant to be.

    Answer by HollyRose at 10:34 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

  • I think you should separate, but for yourself and not a new guy. Take some time to figure out whats right for you and what will really make you happy in the long run. Clear your head for a while.

    Answer by sbastille at 10:38 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

  • Maybe try counseling first? If they doesn't work then you need to separate or divorce, but I don't think you should separate just to test the waters with the "new" guy. If you did and it doesn't work out, does that mean you will go back to your hubby? That doesn't seem right, but that's IMO.


    Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

  • " if that"

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

  • It sounds like your hubby isn't in the relationship with you emotionally. I never recommend cheating in any form. If you want out, then get out. I personally don't think I want someone to settle for me, or to be with me out of pity etc.
    It sounds like you need some serious help in your marriage. It's not all his fault, not all yours. Takes two people to keep a marriage together.

    Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:02 AM on Dec. 11, 2008