HELP! need to lose weight!!!

i am reeeally depressed those days,i reaally eat ALOT,and i am gaining alot of weight,just help me by giving me some tips to lose weight in short time,and how to feel full for a long time,cause i am always hungry those days and craving for chocolates and sweats!!

newmom300

Asked by newmom300 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I put a child lock on my fridge so every time I go to it and try and open it, it serves as a reminder and makes me think....am I really hungry or just eating to eat? It's worked today so far! GL!
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 3:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• get out and exercise..keep yourself busy doing things..then you won't have time to eat..works for me. =0)
    TheHappyChicken

Answer by TheHappyChicken at 3:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Drink a ton of water. It helps you feel full, has no calories and it's really cheap!
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 3:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• There is no quick weight loss program. It takes time and effort. Get help for your depression first. Then work out a sensible exercise and eating plan. It isn't about starving yourself, it is about learning portion control and healthy eating.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:38 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Food high in protein or slow burning carbs(polysaccharides) will fill you up and keep you feeling full longer. Steel cut oats, sweet potatoes, and black beans.

Most mornings I have a serving of greek yogurt(high protein) and a green banana(high polysaccharides) around 8am and don't feel hungry again unit 1-2pm.

Take the time to research and learn good eating habits before you start to save yourself a ton of frustration and setbacks.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 3:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Hey myname is jessica and my sis had twins. well after the babye went through a lot of not feeling good,pretty or anything and she put it inher mid she had to lose weight. she ats salad, vegies, and fru. like 4 to 5 times a day. them kind of foods really make you feel full. she has been doing it for like 4 weeks and was at 260 and is now at 215. that is really good and alsoa short time. she also said she drinks only water and when she want choc. or swee.she looks at clothes she wants to be able to wear again or at how she knows being big mkes her feel and she stops her self. when she loses like 10 lbs she rewards herself with a shirt orsomething nice. she does eat bad food s times but she only eats half and eats the other half the next day. WATER IS A BIG FACT IN THE CAUSE IT ALWAYS MKES YOU FEEL FULL. Hope tis helped if any more quest. just send me a mess. and i get back to ya.
    jesscamp2010

Answer by jesscamp2010 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• This isn't meant to be helpful but funny! lol

http://www.getfuns.com/tip-to-reduce-weight/
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• It sounds like you eat for emotional reasons? If you are depressed, get treated for that. Talk therapy plus meds is usually what works best. Wellbutrin has low wt gain risk. Exercise is an even safer and better "medication" for depression, and helps with wt loss. Find a friend and get your ass moving (I mean that in a nice way!). Geneen Roth has also written lots of great books about emotional eating. Best of luck to you.
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 11:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• How long ago did you have your baby? That could be what is causing the depression and the hunger! I know I was starving all the time for a while after each of my little ones, but it went away eventually. But exercise does help with feeling better all the way around. Don't beat yourself up about weight because that just makes it worse! Love your body, it is a beautiful gift from God.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I am on a 1600 calorie diet(which I never eat in a day) and what has helped me is write down everything--for example this morning I had 1 cup malt-o-meal; 1 slice wheat bread with margarine and 1 cup Orange Juice and then I have a book that breaks it down according to how many calories; how many carbohydrates and etc; so that might help you also it is sometimes easier when you have things written down to know how much you are consuming in a day; but you may also want to consult with a dietician or your doctor before starting anything
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2011