Am I nuts?

everytime i go potty (pee or other) I wash my self with soap and washcloth (at home). I do the same for my potty training child too. My hubby laughs but I like to feel clean. Does anyone else do this?? And yes I shower daily so that is not why I do it.

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Health

• I don't think that there is anything wrong with it. It scares me more the folks that might not take good care of their canooter.
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 3:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• lol that's hilarious!!! Yeah you're a little nuts, you know they make those flushable cleansing cloths right?
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• No, being clean is not obsessive compulsive. Cleaning your crotch with soap and water every time u pee is. And doing the same compulsive thing to your kids is wrong.
    Anonymous

• I would venture to guess the vast majority of people do not do that. You are definitely in the minority. Neither a good thing or a bad thing, just your thing.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• No there is nothing wrong with being clean. However the fact that you asked this question is proof that even you wonder if it is excessive. Most people are satisfied with using TP. Needing to wash with soap and a washcloth is a little much every single time you use the toilet. The fact that you are passing this on to the children is a bit concerning because if they are raised to think this is the only way to be truly clean every time they pee, then how will they be able to go to work or school or out for an evening of fun and be relaxed and not stressed that they are not clean? Are they going to carry a washrag and bar of soap with them everywhere they go?
    I don't know you, obviously, but maybe there is some underlying emotional reason that you feel the need to wash like this all the time? Just a thought, not a judgement.
    azhlynne

Answer by azhlynne at 3:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• No, that's a little obsessive compulsive. I wouldn't get my kids in the same habit.
    Anonymous

• yeah..um...being clean is fine.. I wash my hands about 1,000 times a day.. I sometimes use baby wipes after I use the bathroom.. If I feel the need to...BUT..I don't wash myself with a washcloth and soap every time I use the bathroom. I think what you are doing may be a little much.. try wipes.. they sell ones that aren't baby wipes.. I just use the baby wipes because they are right here ya know lol
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 5:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• being clean is obsessive complusive?! not really, I hope :/
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• yes, I use those flushable ones, well once a month.
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 3:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• No, but I do use the cottonelle wipes. With my daughter she uses the Kandoo wipes, they don't break her out and toilet paper does.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2011