Tummy sleeping at 2 months

my daughter will be 2 months old on the 25th and we have been doing tummy time for a while. well some times she will fall asleep that way. i never leave her alone that way she is with in arms reach of me. but i was wondering if i should let her sleep like this with me right her next to her. ( i normally move her to a bassinet, swing, or jumper with in 30 mins or so.)

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 3:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's your call but I never let my kids sleep on the bellies till they could roll there on their own.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• surprisingly enough she has roiled from her tummy to her back 2 times.
    Manda_Evans

Comment by Manda_Evans (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• First off, her "rolling" at 2 months isn't on purpose. She was most likely wiggly, her leg was in the right place, along with her arms, and bam.... Never let your baby sleep on their belly while you sleep. It's just not safe. If she is acting like her tummy is upset, try burping, tummy rubbing, make sure she is full, has had reg, bms. If you are there, watching, it's ok. But it only takes a split second for things to go wrong.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:47 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Our parents were told that tummy sleeping is safer than back sleeping. They change their minds every few years, so I don't think either is much different. My son refused to sleep on his back since birth. He's scream and fuss until he passed out. Then my mum turned him over one day while babysitting, and he fell asleep in minutes. He's still alive.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 3:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• @ babybusmama i don't let her sleep that way while i sleep i let her do it while i'm awake, and its not kuse she is fuzzy she just falls asleep that way
    Manda_Evans

Comment by Manda_Evans (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• My son was a belly sleeper from the day he came home from the hospital and he's 3 now and just fine, my daughter will be 2 months the 30th and she's a tummy sleeper as well.... in order to get her to sleep on her back she has to fuss to get to sleep.
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 6:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• my baby has been a tummy sleeper since 4 weeks. She would not sleep any other way.. She is now 7 months and is doing fine!
    jenna_rose

Answer by jenna_rose at 8:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• All my children slept on their tummies from birth. We were told that if we put them to sleep on their backs they could choke on their spit up. It was the same for all of my foster babies. When my children started having children, the docs-or whomever it is-changed their minds and said there was a possible connection to sudden infant death syndrome. I don't know if "they" really know what "they" are talking about, however your child isn't the place to find out. I would think that as long as you were right there with the child it wouldn't hurt anything, but just as you say you do, don't leaver her alone while she sleeps on her belly.
    Tess48612

Answer by Tess48612 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• i never let my kids sleep on her tummy they say not to cuz of sids if u want to take that chance then thats up to u you will have to deal with the chances. I wouldnt my daughter too would go an fall asleep on her tummy an i would put her in her crib or playpen on her back. hope this helps.
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 1:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• The nurses at the hospital always put my LO to sleep on his tummy when he was in the biliruben tent. I asked them why and they said it was because they were always watching him to make sure he was safe... So there is a risk to baby suffocating while on tummy, but as long as you're right there (and not sleeping, too!) it should be fine. Plus, it has to be nice for your baby to sleep in different positions, just as we like to do...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2011