What are some signs that a female cat is in heat?

If she is in heat, I am going to kill the friend that told me she was fixed when I rescued the poor kitty from the friend's 2 year old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pets

• You will know when a cat is in heat, they meow and cry like you wouldn't believe and they don't stop until the heat is done! A cats heat is near impossible to miss! Infact, you will almost want to strangle the cat once she comes in heat . . . . jk :)
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 6:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• they growl and moan alot and stick their butts up in the air like "ready for the act". It is very noticable and obvious if she is.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 10:45 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• they make weird noises, my cat used to like roll around and push her bum all over us. its disgusting they also "present" themselves alot. whatever you do if you think she is in heat DO NOT let her outside
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:50 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• a female cat can spray as well when they are in heat we found that out when i was pregnant with my son 7 years ago
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• They annoy the crap out of you, lol! Mine would roll around meowing and moaning...and walk funny. She'd walk low in front and high in back with her butt in the air....weird. Mine's fixed now after that, haha.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• oh man you will know without having to ask. There is NOTHING as annoying as a cat in heat. Hurry and have her fixed!!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• the most obnoxious meowing in the world...
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• she is an indoor cat. I saw her "present herself" to my other cat but he just ignored her and continued licking himself. Good thing he is fixed. I am dropping some donations off at the humane society tomorrow and I am going to ask them if either they can do it or reccomend an affordable place to get it done. I will deal with my "friend" later I guess. Thanks to all that posted. I kinda just knew she is but wanted be sure,
    Anonymous

• Only the male cat sprays that is his way of marking his territory.
    The female just meows and meows really loud like saying "I want it NOW!!!"...lol
    and her body language tells you alot too.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• If they are in heat you know it!!! They don't shut up and they waller all over the floor. Cats stay in heat for a long time. Some will stay in heat 'til they get pregnant.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2008