What ever happened to the Parents being in charge?

I am 35 years old with 4 children ages 1312 5&2. My children have the fear of God in them as well as they not only respect my husband and I but they respect themselves as well. However I am not seeing much of that these days with this new generation. Moms are becoming grandmas at 30 dads are dating there teen daughters friends! Parents just dont have control anymore. I mean we parents provide everything they need in order to live some more comfortable than others but the neccesities definetly. The Bible says DONT SPARE THE ROD. you dont have to kill the kid but you do need to let them know you are the BOSS until they are able to be there own boss.

When I am in my senior days I dont want to have to go to another country just to get proper medical attention. I mean come on how do you expect to have productive members of society when everybody

ILLITERATE!!

babymama35

Asked by babymama35 at 10:46 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in General Parenting

• More of a vent than a question really isn't it? LOl. Ok but seriously I could'nt gree with you more and have launched into such a tirade as this over a Parents being parents question.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 10:51 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Well my kids have the fear of God also. Im educated. We go to church. Yet somehow my dd still ended up pregnant at 16. God has a reason for everything and his reason (quite personal) didnt become apparent to us until last year. My grandson is 2. My dd is getting married to her babys dad, they own a house, dont rely on the govt, have jobs, and shes in college. Judgeing all ppl under one thing isnt the best thing in the world. I was a grandma at 34.
    I do think alot of kids are spoiled these days though & parents are scared to parent & would rather be the "friend" then the mother/father. I can go on and on but I do see some of your point and its a huge beef of mine as well.

Answer by gemgem at 10:53 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Here Here... I am 41 and my daughter is 4 1/2.. she tries to rule the roost but no go..
    I see it all over parents letting their children wear the pants. It is pretty hard for me to relate or befriend mothers in my daughters school because they do not act like parents. It makes me sick..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• if that is what you see, you are in a trashly place, move!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:49 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Amen babymama35! You speak the truth and it IS EVERYWHERE not just in trashy places! My children are taught to respect me themselves and others. We go by the I'm 3rd way of life...God is first, others are 2nd and I'm third. People are letting their kids run wild...and not just the poor ones. Some of the rich parents are guilty too...giving them everything hand over fist. 20 yr old driving BMW's and not having to work or go to school...I miss the old school days where kids were taught the meaning of hard work and respect...then play!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I don't think God's purpose is for teenage girls to get pregnant. We make our own choices, he gives us the freedom to do so, and we also have to face the consequences, some not so good.
    chrisjean

Answer by chrisjean at 2:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Too many parents want to be their child's friend instead of their parent. Kids need to be taught respect and they need discipline. I cannot stand hearing children screaming uncontrollably in the store while mom ignores it and just goes on with her shopping because she doesn't want to deal with it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I agreed with Chrisjean. God does not have plans for teen girls to be parents if unmarried. He gives "free will" what we choose to do with it our own choices. This country is a backward society. No wonder why there so many unproductive mmembers of society because of the way people think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Dec. 12, 2008