Endoscopy

Has anyone ever had an endoscopy done before?

What anesthesia did you get? how was it? Some info please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Health

• I do not remember what kind of anesthesia I got, but I do remember that I was not in any pain when I woke up. My throat was a little sore later it the day, but no more then a minor sore thoat.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 4:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I havent had it done but my son does 3xs a year. They put you under general anesthesia, its prettyquick about 20 mins all together. He is pretty good to go after the surgery lil groggy from ans. but other then that back to normal quickly. Good luck
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 4:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I know it's a general just something enough to take the edge off but yet you don't really remember it either. My throat was a bit sore but nithing bad. I slept alot when I got home.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I had one, not sure what put me to sleep, but I didn't feel a thing. I came home and just laid around the rest of the day, slept off and on. The next day I was a little not sleepy, but not my peppey self, but other than that no problems.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• It depends on the point of entry.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• My DH had an upper endoscopy to check out some chronic reflux he'd been dealing with for years. They give them the similar type of cocktail they give for all conscious sedation -- it knocks you out, you don't really remember anything, but you can still sorta follow simple commands like "roll over". I'm sure it depends on what your clinic uses, but typically it involves drugs like versed, ativan, valiom, and fentynyl (sp!). More details can be found here: http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/internet/e-learning/drugchart_sedadult.pdf
    Best of luck to you!
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 12:59 AM on Jun. 12, 2011