How can I shampoo my two and a half Y/O son's hair W/O him freaking?

Boosa

Asked by Boosa at 10:51 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my 2 1/2 DD absolutely freaks out if waters gets in her ears (too many ear infections) so i drain the waters until it's really low, under the ears low, and just scoop water to rinse it out. but to put the shampoo in we make a game... "over here, now over here, wait a minute you missed a spot here silly" she likes to help with EVERYTHING!
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 10:55 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i always had fun w/ it ... id ask him if he wants his hair to look funny , and id explain it to him , and id do it , show him in the mirror than take a pic than tell him we gotta wash it out lay him back , on my arm and rinse
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 11:26 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My son is 2 and he does the same thing. I use the wash cloth method. While in the tub, I get a wash cloth very wet, wet his hair with it, put the baby shampoo on the cloth and rub into his hair, then i rinse the cloth, get it very wet again and repeat until the shampoo is gone. He doesn't freak on me anymore.
    My dad said my younger sister was the same way and he gave her a hand towel to hold over her face, with vaseline saturated cotton in her ears. She had tubes.
    AshersMommy1201

Answer by AshersMommy1201 at 9:40 AM on Dec. 12, 2008