Do you have a living will?

and if something happened to you and you dh/so who would your children go to?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Health

• I actually have that in my court order for custody about who my children go to incase of my death. they go to my parents, not their father. As for a will, I wrote one out, but haven't had a chance to see a lawyer and get it notarized and finalized.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:23 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Yes, my children go to my mom first, then my husband's mom and step dad, then my dad and stepmom, then my sister. If it got to that point, I think the world will have ended, but just to make sure it even says in the will that under NO circumstances should they EVER go to my father in law.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Not yet. We know we should but we have yet to get it official in writing. It's just unpleasant to think about. In our case, we have lots of highly qualified and loving family members who would love our kids -- including sisters on both sides of the family. It's really hard for us to tell one that we'd want our kids to go with the other sister, especially when our sisters live thousands of miles apart (and none live in our community). But yes, we certainly should bite the bullet and get the damn thing finalized.
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 12:54 AM on Jun. 12, 2011