My 2 year old is grinding her teeth....

Is there anyway that i can stop her from doing this?!.....it sounds really awful she does it in her sleep AND when she is awake.....

raeyliNlilysmom

Asked by raeyliNlilysmom at 4:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DD did that. When I caught her doing it I would put my hand to her mouth and say "don't do that it will hurt your teeth" I also gave her something to bite on. At night she had a binki until she was able not to grind her teeth
    styhmMommy

Answer by styhmMommy at 4:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• i dont have anything like that to let her chew on.....she stopped using binkies when she was 5 months....do you think i need to bring her to the dentist!?
    raeyliNlilysmom

Comment by raeyliNlilysmom (original poster) at 4:43 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• You could take her to the dentist. Sometimes grinding can have harmful effects on the teeth and can even cause headaches.
    styhmMommy

Answer by styhmMommy at 5:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I gave my DD a blanket for a while she didn't like it. But the binki I let her have way to long but it helped her not to grind at night
    styhmMommy

Answer by styhmMommy at 5:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Sometimes teeth grinding can actually be a sign that a person needs worming.... so you could check that possibility out too
    Misery_Stitches

Answer by Misery_Stitches at 3:38 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• well im a grinder........thats weird.....
    raeyliNlilysmom

Comment by raeyliNlilysmom (original poster) at 6:36 AM on Jun. 15, 2011