How do my fiancée and I find time for intimacy?

My fiancée has 3 children, and while I treasure the moments that we have as a family, we are both frustrated by the small amount of time we have to be alone together. When the kids were in school, their bedtime was 9, which gave us time to have a glass of wine, watch a movie, talk, etc... Now, the kids don't go to bed until 11. By 12, we are also ready for bed. Perhaps we are being selfish, but we are both feeling like our kids don't allow bonding time for the 2 of us. How can we spend time with our kids without completely depleting our time alone?

heyhayhay85

Asked by heyhayhay85 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Keep to the same schedule for 1 get them in bed by 9. You need alone time also. Just don't do what I just did and have your child(ren) walk in on you having sex. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• Why did you change their bed time?
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 4:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• How old are the kids, they need your time too but you need to make time for your relationship. We have a 16 yr old son and we spend time with him in the early evening and if he stays up late he entertains himself. Me and my Husband then have time for ourselves to watch a move have a few cocktails or whatever we want but you have to be the ones as parents to make time for each other. Keep then entertained til 7ish then make time to romance each other.
    The kids will go to bed when they are tired...good luck
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• We changed their bedtime as a reward for good grades. They are 6 and 10. The 6 year old is very needy because she was favored by my fiancée's ex so she expects undivided attention. (my fiancée's ex was kind of a "hand that rocks the cradle" situation and she gave the 6 year old more attention than she gave my fiancée) The 10 year old is great at entertaining herself with books, but is easily irritated by her younger sister. We have considered just putting a movie on, but when the girls misbehave, they are not allowed to watch tv. I just can't see rewarding their bad behavior in order to buy us alone time... Though it is quite tempting.
    heyhayhay85

Comment by heyhayhay85 (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2011