My 14 old dauhter might be having sex ??? adult content

ok so i have a 14 year old daughter name allison who is very rebellious and dosent listen to anything i say she stays out to the wee hours of the morning has friends over without my permission dosent do homework and things like that at first me and her father thought it was just the puberty of teen girls but then it started getting worse and worse sosunday i came home and found her boyfriend in her room they werent doing anything but i still didnt like it i later found a used condom in her trash which she said wasnt hers and another thing she has another sister who is 16 on her fathers side who is 16 and influences her to do the wrong things but i dont wanna stop her from seeing her sister what should i do please help !!! (she is my only child my baby)

whatshallido1

Asked by whatshallido1 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Maybe you should try disciplining her. Take away her phone, computer, anything. Dont let her out so late. And if you suspect she is having sex, get her on birth control asap unless your wanting to become a grandmother already.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• i try and be the best mom i should be and i have tried all of those things even sent her to a school of diciplin nothing works at all the birth control thing might be my next choice !!!
    whatshallido1

Comment by whatshallido1 (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• It sounds like these children have way too much freedom to do whatever they want to do. It also sounds like you have not taught them the importance of obedience and respect. Rules are made to be kept. That means there have to be consequences when they aren't kept. If these were my children, neither one of them would be let out of my sight unless they were with some other adult whom I trusted to keep as sharp an eye on them as I keep. They would be dropped off at school and picked up at the door as soon as it was over. They would go home with me, and they would do their homework, because I would see to it that it was done. There would be no outside activities until such time as I had absolute confidence they could be trusted. You only have a few years left to try to teach these girls self-respect and respect for others. I think that's going to take your every waking minute for as long as you have left.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• thank you i just dont think im tough enough to even stand up to such as disrespectful daughter
    whatshallido1

Comment by whatshallido1 (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• If you have lost control at 14, it is best to put her on birth control.

Answer by older at 5:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Listen u need to grow a spine and lay down the rules! Why is a 14 y/o girl staying out past curfew?? U will get a fine for it!! Not her she is a minor!!! U r supposed to be the adult parent here!!! Act like one and start acting like a mom!!! Your job is not to be her friend!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• when you have a daughter who disobeys u sneaks out and does watever she wants its not as easy as growing a back bone !!!
    whatshallido1

Comment by whatshallido1 (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• My sisters were the same way your daughter is and they knocked it off really quick once the police got involved! Also they were told they were going to be sent to juvenile detention center! U need to get the police involved! That is what I mean by growing a backbone! U need to realize her behavior is too out of control!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• it really is and its not like im a weak parent its just that i try and try until i cant try anymore and im thinking about just having the policert alk to her and try and scared and get her head on straight
    whatshallido1

Comment by whatshallido1 (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• She's your only kid and you found a used condom. It's hers. She's having sex. Who the crap else would realistically be throwing condoms in her trash can, and if even they were wouldn't that mean THEY were having sex at your house? Put that foot down. Talk to her about the risks of being sexually active and take her to the OBGYN/clinic so she can get on the shot or something (I'd say pill but honestly she's more likely to forget a pill once in a while than forget a depo appointment that you're driving her to).
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 6:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2011