Will the unhinging of the liberal media bite them in the behind?

And this being the view from some democrats. All this hype in hopes of a character asssassination and the most they can come up with is her hopes for becoming VP.

If the current weather in Hades is anything like what it's been here in Texas lately, you wouldn't expect it to freeze over anytime soon. But could a cold wave down below be on the way? The question arises in light of today's Early Show on CBS, in which all the guests queried ripped the MSM for its frenzied thrashing through the Sarah Palin emails, released yesterday.

First up was ABC legal correspondent Jan Crawford who criticized the "spectacle" of the New York Times and the Washington Post ripping through the emails and even enlisting citizen researchers to help them discover something damaging to Palin. Observed Crawford: "at the end of the day this email release may say a lot more about the press and its views than it does about Palin."

In the subsequent segment, John Avlon, while admitting he was no Palin fan, was even more colorful in his criticism of the MSM frenzy, calling the media's reaction "indecent" and "creepy."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2011/06/11/creepy-early-show-guests-rip-msms-palin-email-goosechase#ixzz1P0FK3ugO

Then we have things like this

At the top of Friday's NBC Today, co-host Matt Lauer declared that it "could be a tough day for potential presidential candidate Sarah Palin. We're live in Alaska, where thousands of her e-mails as governor there will be released today." Later, fellow co-host Ann Curry introduced a report on the upcoming release by proclaiming that Palin was "about to face a new political minefield."

Without having seen a single email, national investigative correspondent Michael Isikoff argued that Palin "may now be facing a storm." The headline on screen throughout the segment read: "Problems for Palin? Thousands of E-mails to be Released."
Isikoff noted how "Palin used her personal Yahoo e-mail account rather than government accounts to conduct state business, to try to keep her communications private." A sound bite was included from former Palin aide Frank Bailey, who bashed her in a recent book. He ominously claimed: "There seemed to be almost a paranoia about keeping her communication private. She, at times, would have me go in to her state account and delete and purge out e-mails that she didn't want to, essentially, ever be discovered."

Isikoff speculated on the contents of the e-mails, assuming the information would all be damaging to Palin:

What might be in the e-mails? Controversies like troopergate, Palin's alleged effort to get rid of an Alaska state trooper who was in a messy divorce with Palin's sister. And a response to questions about her daughter Bristol's pregnancy during the '08 campaign....And Bristol's boyfriend, Levi Johnston. Then there's the famous tanning bed she had installed in the governor's mansion and the nearly $17,000 in per diem expenses she billed to state taxpayers when she spent nights in her home in Wasilla.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drennen/2011/06/10/nbc-predicts-tough-day-palin-release-email-political-minefield#ixzz1P0Gqi0Iy

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 5:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• In my opinion, we have bigger things to worry about than her emails. I'm not threatened by her. She is a celebrity, not a serious political candidate.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 5:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I am sure that there will be nothing too exciting in the e-mails. We already know about the tanning beds and the expenses,etc. and its no big thing. I think the MSM is bored now that they don't have Obama's birth certificate to write about anymore. Borrrrrrring.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Pretty easy for all the hype to go away...Sp could go back to Alaska, get a job or become a SAHP and liv her life outside of the limelight-

I do not know about the rest of you, but I've managed to navigate the planet, live, work, marry, parent and succeed all without the assistance or curse of the media. The same could happen for SP, if she allowed it happen. Unfortunately, IMO, SP is one of those people who craves attention. For these kind of people negative attention is even better than no attention/mention at all. Her whole MO is making herself appear to be involved, important and relevant. The reality (there's a word she should know something about) is SP is no more important than any other citiizen-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I think on a large scale that the MSM hopes to find something juicy to report on in the emails. I have to wonder if some of them are taking a step back and seeing how intrusive and ugly the smear campaign is. She hasn't said she is running in the primaries and she doesn't hold an elected office. The concentrated efforts to dig up something to bury her with is asinine and seems obsessive. And then part of me wonders if those that are seeing it as 'creepy' are just saying so in the event that she does decide to run, they might be in front of the line to interview her. It's all about air time and we know she seems to be a headliner (whether you like or dislike her).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

***
    As a lifelong career woman yourself, why do you feel it's acceptable to "demand" that Palin stay home and raise children, but it's been okay for YOU to work your entire life while raising your own children?! Sounds like someone's jealous...or perhaps STILL worried she'll be on the GOP ticket?! LOL

As for the OP, Palin tried to become VICE President before, and now she's hoping to become VICE President again....nothing new to see here folks!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• It reminds me of the hype from Geraldo when he was going into Al Capone's vault and ended up finding it to be empty.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I think every politician should be held accountable for how they spend every penny. Not just Sarah Palin. Who cares about the emails though, I'd rather see Obamas.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• FOX gets torn to pieces at least once a day by real journalists and conservatives don't seem to give a shit so I'm gonna guess not.

I'll also take this moment to point out how weird it is of Sarah Palin to whine about the lamestream media all the time when she works for the most watched network on TV. How lame is that?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:53 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• OP, if I actually cared about our media (or thought that karma really worked) I might be worried about some of them lol.

As for the frantic worry because she 'purged' email or wanted to keep it private, I have to ask why the media doesn't have heavy equipment out there digging and trying to find out why Obama spent/spends so much money keeping his childhood and education records so non-transparent. Their howls about SP seem deliberately staged to keep people focused on anything except the president, the economy, the debt, etc. that ARE valid concerns.

If the alphabets all melt down, it may well be the best thing that ever happened as far as politics in the US go ~ maybe for the whole of the US for that matter.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Sp could go back to Alaska, get a job or become a SAHP and live her life outside of the limelight-

Pretty clear, I never implied that she should become a SAHP. OR, a nice little word. Look it up .....I worry for our children, seriously!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2011