Putting my 14 year old on birth control adult content

my 14 year old allison is the light of mt life and although im not sure she is having sex i have my reasons to beleive she is she says shes not but i know the kind of kid she is if she is should i put her on them and another thing how can i prevent her from having sex when she is so direspectful and dosent listen to me or her father at all !!! HELP

whatshallido1

Asked by whatshallido1 at 5:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• You know your child better than online strangers, no matter how helpful we may intend to be.

If, in your heart, you believe she is having sex, or will probably soon have sex, make sure she really understands how to be safe about it. Also, make sure she understands the implications with her peers, and with the boys she is with. Girls who are too "willing" still get a reputation, and sex will not bind a boy she is infatuated with to her; but may deepen her attachment to him (opening her up to future misery).

If she goes on the pill, be sure you both understand the health risks, and take precautions -- like staying away from tobacco and checking her blood regularly (especially if she takes yaz or one of the other brands that can raise potassium too high). GL :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 5:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Put her on birth control and teach her the meaning of safe sex. You can not stop her from having sex, she is going to do it no matter what
    styhmMommy

Answer by styhmMommy at 5:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• thank you so much !!!
    whatshallido1

Comment by whatshallido1 (original poster) at 5:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• If she's that disrespectful and doesn't listen she needs to be grounded and have some privileges taken away. I don't agree with putting a 14 yr. old on birth control, I believe in taking the child out of the surroundings where you think she may be having sex. You should know what you're dd is doing and where she is at all times at her age.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 5:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• thank you alot !!!
    whatshallido1

Comment by whatshallido1 (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• i agree with the to posts before me... i would also add that i is never to late to talk about sex with her and how to be safe. put it all out there for her and anwser any questions. but i am sure you knew the last part.
    Liveatmo

Answer by Liveatmo at 5:23 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• yes i did just with her its not as easy !
    whatshallido1

Comment by whatshallido1 (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• tried boot camp for 6months when she was 12 nothing works for her
    whatshallido1

Comment by whatshallido1 (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• thank youi :)
    whatshallido1

Comment by whatshallido1 (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• that could work :)
    whatshallido1

Comment by whatshallido1 (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2011