Pregnancy cravings or adversions... I feel crazy!

I'm 7 weeks and barely eat at all. My moods for food change in a snap and are so specific. I'm barely eating a meal of day because of nausea and there certain foods I won't touch. If I crave a food it's so specific. Not just like pizza but it has to be boboli crust with only cheese heavy sauce. Any other type of pizza makes me sick. Am I crazy? It's always somthing. Did you feel this way? What did you crave?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No you are not crazy. I feel you that is for sure. I am 11 weeks pregnant and I barely eat each day because of the nausea, which I now take Zofran for just so I can function and drink something daily. I grave foods but dont want to eat them, I want certain things sometimes and it needs to be specific or it just is not happening. No you arent crazy at all. I keep being told this will pass and the nausea will subside in most cases and your taste for food will return. Im banking on the advice im getting.
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 5:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• You are not crazy, in fact I think that is normal. When I was pregnant I was at a deli and I saw some chicken salad that I just had to have, so I bought a pound. When I got home I had a very large sandwich and it was the best sandwich ever. The next day I couldn't even look at the container in the refrigerator because the thought of it just turned my stomach.

cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Your not crazy. I love fish, like I could eat it everyday but when I got pregnant just the thought of fish make me sick. And throughout the whole pregnancy I would see something and think that it looked really good and I just had to have it but I would start to eat it and after the first few bites I would start to feel sick and couldnt eat anymore. Also for the first 4 months of my pregnancy I had morning sickness 24/7. I didnt matter what I ate. I lost 4o lbs with my daughter and 15 lbs with this one. I have 5 weeks left til my due date and I still get morning sickenss some times and some foods still make me feel sick.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• When I was pregnant for my first, the only food that caused me problems was hot dogs. I only had to come in the door of a house where they were being cooked to be immediately sick to my stomach. Before pregnancy, I absolutely abhorred cottage cheese. After pregnancy I could hardly get through a couple of days without it. It was smells that turned my stomach. Hot dogs, any kind of fuel-diesel, gas, transmission oil. My husbands hobby was fixing cars---Oh joy! And try putting gas in your car without smelling it. I could smell my teenage brothers feet when I went to my mom's house----GROSS. Most women get over the sick to their stomach feeling about food by the 4th month. Try a soda cracker the first thing in the morning. I know of some women who had some beside their bed and would nibble on a soda cracker before their feet hit the floor. They said it helped. Good luck
    Tess48612

Answer by Tess48612 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 11, 2011