This is temporary right? Re: Depression after miscarriage

I had one before but I didn't have a kid to take care of at that time. Now I just can't keep up with me son. Today it's awful chest pain with it too. I think it will pass. It did before. The anxiety is amazing. I was good for a few days now it came back worse. Do you think the Dr's would treat it though?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Health

• (Ex- RN here:)  I had a bad time after my misc., but this sounds more serious than that, think you should talk to your doc.  You may wish to stay away from drugs for a mult. of reasons, but maybe some therapy would help.  And, I think you should reach out to your fam & fr to help you thru this, trying to keep up w/ DS & the grief & anxiety. They prob want to help, just don't know how & will be very glad to find out how they can.

cont. next post-

suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 6:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I'm sorry :( I had 3 miscarriages and each one was painful and depressing. You will heal with time but you'll never forget.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• You may find holidays for the nxt yr very hard. I did w/ Mother's Day (loss/Jan.) even tho' had a healthy DS. Hearing about other's pg will be hard, too, & they may be hesitant to tell you coz they know it will hurt.

I got some healing holding others' babes--something else may be your help.

HUGS!

suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 6:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Oh yeah I know 5 preg ladies right now and I think thats why it hurts so bad today. It's the chest pain! If it gets too much worse I am having someone take me to the hospital!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Chest pain (assuming your heart is healthy) is more often associated with anxiety. Anxiety and depression can often come together following a traumatic event. Certainly talk to your doc about it. If you feel it's too much to handle, I'm sure they could prescribe you something, at least for a few months until you get back to your usual self. It's tough experiencing a m/c (or more than one, especially). Sometimes talk therapy can be a huge help too. Best of luck to you, I'm sorry for your loss.
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 12:50 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I'm soo sorry for you loss, I know it's tough to go through and sometimes one miscarriage hits harder than a previous one did before. Try to stay positive and dwell on the good going on, if the chest pain continues I'd seek medical attention.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:25 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Thank you girls! I spent about 5 hrs last night at the hospital. It IS anxiety but it lasted for about 6 hrs real bad yesterday. I'm trying to take care of myself but I have alot of other stress factors in my life right now that are making this soooo much worse!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:28 PM on Jun. 12, 2011