Could I really be pregnant???

I have had my IUD for about 3 months now. Lately I have been feeling sick and really tired so I decided to take a HPT just to see. Well at first nothing happened to the test. There were no lines at all. Not even the line that shows up wether you are pregnant or not. So I just left it on the counter for a while. Well when I went back a little over an hour later it had 2 lines! I read the test thing and it says after 10 minutes the test is no good. But I was still scared because with my youngest baby the same thing happened. So I took a second test this morning. And this one isnt even working I dont think. It still hasnt showed either of the lines. I am letting it sit like I did last night but I am scared to go check it. I barely had a baby in August so.

MissCasey

Asked by MissCasey at 11:00 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If tests are being completely unreliable for you I would go to the doctors and get a blood test done. It is possible that you are pregnant and it's best to see. So book a doctors appointment as tests really are invalid after a while. Good Luck.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 11:02 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i would call the maker of the test and then I would go buy another brand. it's possible you are but I wouldn't rely on that test
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 11:03 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I would think you got Bunk tests or didn't apply enough urine i would call the store you purchased them from and tell them whats going on with the tests I'm sure they would give you another kit Or calling the manufacturer, would indeed give you a redemption coupon for new tests, I would although consider seeing the doctor I had an IUD and i did feel the same way you did it just turned out that i had over 4 cysts on my left ovary from the IUD

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:04 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Maybe you got a bad batch of tests or you're just not peeing enough. Have you tried peeing in a cup and dropping the stick in for 20 seconds? The tests usually don't change over a period of time. I've had negative tests that were still negative the next day, and positive tests that stayed positive for over a week. I think they just say don't read after a certain amount of time for liability reasons, but it sounds like you could be. Go to a doctor asap, bc you'll need to get the IUD removed if you are. Good luck.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:26 AM on Dec. 11, 2008