Any advice on helping my 15 week old sleep longer at night?

Same nighttime routine every night. He gets a bottle @8:30, even if he's not due. I swaddle then lay him down. Sometimes he goes right out by himself, sometimes he needs to be rocked. Most nights, he is asleep by 9-9:20. He then wakes up again between 12-2 a.m. , then again 3 hrs from that time. He drinks 6oz. every 3 hrs.(by his choice, if he is sleeping sometimes he goes to 4 hrs) I don't really have him on a schedule during the day, I just know he wants to eat every 3 hours. Should I try putting him on a more definate schedule during the day? I don't know , I'm babbling, but if anyone can give advice on helping him sleep longer at night would be greatly appreciated. (in a perfect world, he would lay down at 9p.m. and wake up @6a.m.)
Thanks!!!

sikomom

Asked by sikomom at 11:03 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hes still young i never had mine on a schedule they woke up when they are hunger but you can try keeping him up more during they day but babies need alot of sleep
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• hes still young and needs to eat and sleep alot i dont know that there is much you can do right now. My son never slept through the night til he was around 9months old and even after that would wake once in a while. some babies just dont learn to sleep through the night for a long time. god luck and try napping during the day if you find yourself tired it does get better.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My baby is 5 months and still doesn't sleep through the night. If he is waking because he is hungry, there isn't much you can do about it, other than feed him. You could always try a pacifier and see if he goes back to sleep (but that usually just causes them to wake up a half hour later if they are hungry)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:25 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• my dd is 7 months old and dont slepp thro the nite.my oldest dd slept thro the nite since she was born .you can try putting a lil rice cereal in his bottle or maybe a bedtime bath .
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Yes, you should have your baby on a more consistent shedule day and night. Your baby needs to know what is going to happen next. I realllly suggest getting a copy of the book "on becoming baby-wise". It helps you develop a schedule that works! It also suggest the Cry It Out method, which I didn't do and baby wise sitll worked for me. I am so glad a got the book because my baby was sleeping thru the night by 7 weeks without a bottle. I would feed him at 8 then to bed. I would do wha they call a dreamfeed at 12 [which basically means u put them back into bed after] and he would sleep till 8 and then get another bottle. Consistent schedule is VERY important if you want a happy baby that sleeps all night and loves to nap during the day. Message me if you want more details, I would be more than happy to help.
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2008