Would you move in with a guy if..

you're name wasn't on the deed and you had no interest in getting married so your name would never be on the deed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• No. I wouldn't move in with a guy unless we were married. ANd then we could buy a house together or he would put my name on the deed of his house. But---its best to not live together before marriage. Studies show that living together causes more divorces.
    If you don't want to get married, buy your own house! LOL.That's what my daughter did. But then a few years later she met her husband.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I did. I moved in with my DF before we talked about marriage, and my name wasn't on anything. When we hit a rough patch I moved out and I wasn't able to get my things until he gave me permission bc my names wasn't on anything I wasn't allowed back into our home. When we got back together we moved in again and again my name isn't on anything. But we are doing better and we are now getting married.
    styhmMommy

Answer by styhmMommy at 6:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Being blunt - You move in & you are a FT, unpaid whore. He "gets it" for free & you get NOTHING! There is also no incentive for him to ever marry you, if you decide you want that, if you are already there being the "FT fr. w/ benefits."
    Statistics show that "living together" prior to marriage doesn't improve the chances of staying together--they are actually lower.
    Just the facts. . . .
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 6:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I don't think living together is always wrong, if you don't want to get married, but want to be together, move in, I don't see the big deal. I just would make sure my name was on everything. I have seen both sides, where the guys name wasn't on anything but he paid for everything and just moved out with the clothes on his back and the same for the girl. I am not against living together, my best friend and her SO have been living together since 1995, not married and neither of them wants to get married, it works for them. My husband and I lived together for a year before we got married, and have been married since 1997, it worked for us.

But I wouldn't move anywhere if I couldn't get my name on something. I would want to be left in the cold if things didn't work out.

Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I did it for ten years and I am the one who does not want to get married a whore no I pay my own bills
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I would never move in if I never planned on getting married. But if getting married is a possibility but not a definite, I may.

Just realize that you are renting. Don't join your money into one. Pay half the mortgage and consider it rent.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Sure, why not. My name isn't on the deed to the house I live in now, but I live here. Why would that ever matter? If we split up I wouldn't want to take his house anyways, and that's the only reason to worry about that kind of thing. But it's his house, it was his house before you moved in and it will be his house when you move out... Why would anyone let something so small get in the way of being with someone?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:47 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• No. I have a special kind of paranoia in situations like that. I wouldn't even start selling my house or move in to his till we were married.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Come on.....no! NO! NO!...and NO!
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 7:44 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Put my name on that deed, and we're all good.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 12, 2011