Does any one do a craft and make a little money doing it?

I have been interested in doing a craft and making some money selling it. Like making jewelry or something else? Does any one have any ideas?

RedDahlia82

Asked by RedDahlia82 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• If you want to do enough of anything to make money doing it, pick something that you enjoy doing -- so it doesn't become a chore. Also, price out what it will cost you (per unit) and see what you are likely to be able to get for it. You want to make a reasonable profit. GL :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 6:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I do. I make jewelry and sell it either on hyenacart.com or artfire.com. Jut make sure that you have a pricing formula so you are not only being compensated for your material, but for your time as well. You are your own employee, don't forget to pay yourself lol.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 6:51 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I love making jewelry, the problem is everyone is selling it. Blankets and bags sell great.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 6:51 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• My grandmother sells quilts that she does by hand sometimes, and I know a few people that make jewelry. I personally love quilting, and that would be my choice.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Yes I think its a great Idea. I make Baby Things, For Baby showers, Hospital Door Wreaths, lots of Different things. i love making people SMILE!
    Good Luck
    babyhuey2

Answer by babyhuey2 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• OH yeah I sell in ebay, esty and FB.
    babyhuey2

Answer by babyhuey2 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• If you really want to sell items, pick something that you are exceptionally good at. I sell hand crocheted items, I didn't start selling until the last few years, and had been crocheting since I was 5. It's never boring for me, because I would be crocheting anyway, so selling an item or two along the way is a bonus. Because of the time and materials involved, I don't make lots of money, but a few hundred extra dollars a month fits what I need. Choose something you enjoy, something you are good at, and do some research online. There are lots of free ad places, facebook is a great advertiser. Good luck!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:45 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• yup i do on ebay
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I make the no sew no tie blankets... its been going great... i do it on fb http://www.facebook.com/COZYBIBLLES and than im ttrying to expand on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Cozy_Bibbles and i love it... it gets my mind off things and people are really satisfied
    COZYBLANKIES

Answer by COZYBLANKIES at 12:01 AM on Jun. 13, 2011