What does engagment feel like? For moms who actually remember it...

I am getting ready to have my daughter. I have been such an insomniac due to low pelvic pain and pressure ((feel like I wanna split in two)), also low back and practice contractions...It felt like period pains and they are just excruciating. I wonder why it always seems so much worse at night. So I sleep about 4 hours. Anyone else experienced and remember what it was like when the babies begin their final decent into the birth canal. I am about 2cm. 30%efaced.

Unbroken_Amanda

Asked by Unbroken_Amanda at 11:11 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I feel your pain!! I remember it like yesterday, I had so much pressure on my pelvic bone I felt like it was bruised. Plus I could not get comfortable enough to sleep and even if I did I had to pee every half hour. Don't worry it will all be over soon, I know not soon enough!!! HANG IN THERE :)

momma-meg

Answer by momma-meg at 11:22 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• It hurts like hell and its what you described,!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:12 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Honestly my son didn't engage until I was in labor. But when he did it hurt to stand. I felt like my hips and back were splitting in 2.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2008