What are some different ways I can displine my kids without hitting them, I feel like I tried everything.

othella

Asked by othella at 6:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• time out, talking to them, take things from them (depending on age)..get a jar and get a bag of something small they like (like little army men, colorful marbles, something little) and when they follow the rules give them one in their jar and when they are bad take some out of the jar.. but mainly just try to instill in them respect and obedience..
    hismommy6509

Answer by hismommy6509 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Age? Behavior? Attitude? What have you tried?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• oh well, that's easy. spanking. since spanking isn't hitting anyway....
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• If it isn't hitting, slapping, swatting, etc...then what is it? Nevermind, you can start your own question for that subject. Back to the question... What have you tried? With older children I try to make the punishment fit the crime so them remember longer.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 6:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• heyy,listen there is that book..u MUST read..it REEEAALLLLYY helps alot,and it tells u exactly what to do,without hitting or even spanking. its "children are from heaven" by John Gray,the author of "Men are from mars,Women are from venus"! i really recommend that book,its more than helpful
    newmom300

Answer by newmom300 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• how old are your kids?
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 6:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I am not sure the ages of your children. I use time out. I would give a warning first if they do not listen then place them in time out. If they keep getting up, then place them back onto time out again. The key is to stay calm. Eventually they will tire out, and then they will see you are in control. It is not so much the time spent in time out, but that they understand you are in control. Another thing I use is a behavior chart. Allow them to buy stickers when they listen or do well place a sticker on the chart. After so many days of good behavior reward them by doing something special like a trip to the playground, movies etc. Always praise good behavior. Hopefully in time they will want the positive attention instead of the negative. I hope this helps. Always end time out with the reason why they were placed into it, and a hug.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 6:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Communications time outs or the corner also take things away make them hand u there fav something that shocks them
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 12, 2011