What are the chances?

When I was pregnant with my daughter, my water broke. I didnt start having contractions until I was already at the hospital. What are the chances that my water will break with this one before I even have contractions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would say that since it happened that way for your first, it should for your second, I know my birth experience was pretty much the same the second time around
    megdwalls

Answer by megdwalls at 8:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• chance are 1 in 10 pregnancy that your water will break.
    babyhuey2

Answer by babyhuey2 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• The stats for PROM is 10% so you're not too likely to have it again, but obviously possible, would be normal.
    Most women have their water break late in labor.
    And rarely, it never breaks at all and the lucky baby is born in the intact sac.

You might prefer to wait to go to the hospital until you're in labor to avoid unnecessary interventions/risks.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2011