How soon can you start to feel the baby move? What does it feel like?

MissyNewMama

Asked by MissyNewMama at 6:38 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The books and doctors say that you can feel the baby start to move between 18 - 22 weeks. But everyone is different. With my daughter it was about 16 weeks and it felt like butterflies in my belly. As time went on it got stronger and felt more like little kicks. She was never really that active. With this one, I felt him move about 12 weeks and again it was butterflies then got stronger around 20 weeks. He is very active and moves all the time. It feels like kicks and he rolls. Hiccups feel like a little heartbeat. I do agree its amazing. Especially when you start to see your belly move and stretch out because of baby.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• The first movements I felt when I was pregnant were kind of like a fish inside me, moving, etc. ... for whatever reason it always made me think of a fish flipping around, swishing
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I started to feel both my children move and kick around 5 months of being pregnant. It was an amazing feeling that is hard to explain. But when a baby kicks your ribs that hurts.
    styhmMommy

Answer by styhmMommy at 6:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• 16 weeks i felt fluttering a couple times. 18 weeks i started feeling it fully
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I started feeling my baby move the day I found out we were having a girl. It was at about 18 weeks. It feels like little butterflies on the inside of your stomach and then as the baby gets bigger the kicks get harder. I am 32 weeks pregnant right now and my baby girl is rough. She will kick me so hard it can get painful, especially when its in the ribs. I think its the most amazing thing in the world.
    lyndsey1788

Answer by lyndsey1788 at 6:46 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• The first time I felt my baby was at 20 wks ~ It felt like Butterflys in my tummy.
    babyhuey2

Answer by babyhuey2 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• with both i felt them at 15 weeks - early, but whatever. it felt like nothing else. not like gas bubbles like a thunk/ flutter thing. very hard to describe
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 9:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Around 20 weeks and it feels like butterflies in your tummy it's a awesome feeling IMO. G/L :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2011