Has this ever happened to you? And how did you deal with it? adult content

My daughter figured out how to open the child safety lock on my bedroom door and woke up from her nap early. We didn't hear her, and she walked in on DH and I ...in bed. I heard something, so I put on a robe and went to the door. She was sitting about 5 feet away from the door (where I know she couldn't actually SEE us) and I asked her what she was doing. She said "I am just sitting out here playing with my toys while you wake daddy up. I heard you crying and I just stayed here and played." So, I told her, "Yes, I was waking daddy up, but I was laughing, no crying, so it's okay." ...........I'm not going to ask her anymore about it bc I don't want to make a big deal about it.....How would/did you handle this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It happens to the best of us. You handled it perfectly, she's probably already forgotten about it.. Don't give her any more information than what she asks for..
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 7:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• u did fine.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• dont make a big deal and she wont.. let it go
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• It has happened to me bf. When are DD woke up in the middle of the night. She just got really frightened. I told her I was ok and that Daddy wasn't hurting me. Like you I didn't make a big deal out of it and she went to bed. I don't even think she remembered it.
    styhmMommy

Answer by styhmMommy at 7:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I think you did a great job, you didnt panic and by letting her ask thr question you knew she did not know what was going on. Thank god from now on though i would stick to making sure she is asleep at nightr and get a bedroom lock she cant figure out how to open in case you decide to have a little morn
    mommysangel543

Answer by mommysangel543 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• sounds like u did perfect!! just drop it and she will.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• You did just FINE.....like above poster said ,don't make a big deal about it and she won't either.

As children get older and can wonder around house by themselves anytime, chances of this increase until they reach a point where they understand about privacy etc.

Even then(sometimes it's not good)............LOL...my dd is bad about knocking on our door at "inopportune" times , but atleast she knocks! LOL.  I just always worry that maybe she heard something and what if she did.  We make it a point to be very quiet...thin walls in this old house. ;(

KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 7:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• You did fine. My son was 11 yrs old when he walked in on me and my now ex. That was a hard one to explain. 3 years later, my ex and I still laugh about it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• You did a good job explaining to her that no one was getting hurt, and i suggest get a better lock.......good luck.
    mommysangel543

Answer by mommysangel543 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2011