Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Does anybody know of any information or reliable website I can go to for assistance for housing or school for a single mom?

Answer Question

Asked by MissiAnn01 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 2 (7 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • google it and add your states name in there

    Answer by letstalk747 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • Not sure about housing but 2 sites you can go to for scholarships and grants are or

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • Have you done your FAFSA? You can get your loans/grants through there.

    Answer by ILoveCade at 8:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • I agree with ILoveCade. You will need to start at the FAFSA website to fill out your financial aid paperwork. Also, if you are looking at programs that are not associated with a college, such as a beauty school or real estate, talk with the program director... they can point you in that direction. As far as housing assistance, it's mostly depleted everywhere around the country. Those that do still offer it, have literally thousands on people in line to get it. It's probably something you can not depend on.

    Answer by m-avi at 2:02 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.