• In the Spotlight:

Anyone had a successful VBAC after first baby was breech?

I keep hearing stories about people who tried for a VBAC, but rarely hear a success story. Since my first baby was breech, shouldn't my chances be pretty good? My OB/GYN is 50/50 with the whole thing.

momto2.5

Asked by momto2.5 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• im trying for a vbac this time around my son didnt tolerate labor so i had a emergency c section with him. my doctor told me i had a 80percent chance of success. I asked this question the other day and all i got was people telling me to do my reasearch so i hope you get more help then i did lol. Good luck and im sure things wil go well they say not to get a epi if you can prevent it.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• There is no proof that if your first was breech any others would be too. I didn't have a breech baby, but my mom's 3rd was breech (the midwife turned her) and the next 2 weren't. GL
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:38 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I had a vaginal birth after 2 c-sections. Many of the things they do to you while at the hospital will help you fail. You should really go in avoiding as much intervention as possible if you want a successful birth. Breech isn't something that often happens a second time so you should be fine as far as that goes.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:16 AM on Dec. 12, 2008