What does your child eat??

My son just turned one and I am trying to find things he likes to eat. He seems to have issues with any kind of pasta textures. It seems all he eats is yogurt and grilled cheese. How old is your child and what do they eat??

momma-meg

Asked by momma-meg at 11:18 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 21 month old seems to only like to eat bread. Have you tried meals that you normally make with pasta using bread instead? For example a pasta sauce with bread around the edges, it sounds really odd but that's what my 21 month old loves as she seems to detest pasta too!
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 11:20 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• my son is 2 and a half and he doesn't eat much meat he will only eat chicken nuggets or hot dogs
    lglorioso

Answer by lglorioso at 11:24 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My son is 13 months, and has been REALLY picky the last couple of days. He used to eat for breakfast, waffle, french toast w/ a whole egg soaked into it, or on a rare occasion, a yogurt w/ those gerber cereal bars. For lunch, he dosen't like grilled cheese or pb&J, so i just give him chicken nuggetts, and he likes those, and for dinner, he will have anything that we eat, unless its a salad or something he can't eat, he LOVES stuffed green bellpeppers. and i will buy a can of vegetable soup, and strain the liquid out, mac and cheese, quesadillas, ravioli, and i think thats about it.
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 11:24 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Gerber Graduates. She loves them!! Expecially the turkery with rice and veggies. They are only $1 at walmart. She is 22mo.
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 11:40 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My daughter is 2 1/2 and alot of times she wont eat some stuff....so i make her pb&j 's and she loves them....also she discovered she really loves apple sauce...this may not help but just thought i would let you knw what she eats....she is not really picky or anything but thats just some things she likes....does he like mac and cheese??? seems like all kids love that!! i know its a pasta!!
    jess_angelica

Answer by jess_angelica at 11:52 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• This is an issue in this house! My son has always been a picky eater and still is at the age of 3! I remember asking the doctor at his 2 year check-up about his eating habits. I told her all he wanted was chicken nuggets and french fries. The good thing is that chicken nuggets have lots of protein, so that's ok! I can actually get him to eat fish sticks too! I just tell him they are chicken! He used to eat cereal, pancakes, oatmeal or french toast for breakfast. Now all he wants is blueberry muffins! He will eat yogurt which is good, but usuallly for lunch it's chicken or grilled cheese! It's very frustrating! I've also noticed he doesn't care for the pasta texture. I am half Italian so we eat pasta a lot over my mom's house and it hurts that he doesn't even want to TRY it! He doesn't even like Kraft Mac N Cheese! What kid doesn't like Mac N Cheese?!?!
    TylersMama05

Answer by TylersMama05 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I saw on the news a few months ago to not force them to try things, that they will try on their own. You can ask or bribe a little, but don't force. I found that interesting. I think in time they will start to try new things, especially when you can do a little reasoning like, "I'll do this for you if you just try one bite?" I do that all the time because there have been a couple of times he actually tried something and liked it! He also likes pizza.......especially those pizza rolls. He won't eat any vegetables but LOVES fruit. I talked to the doctor about this again just recently and she said getting her picky kids to eat in her house is a struggle every day! Sometimes she doesn't even fight the battle! That made me feel better! Good luck! Oh, and if you're worried about his vitamins, try Flinstones. My son loved those!
    TylersMama05

• My daughter is about to turn 4, but when she first started eating sandwiches i made it with only wheat bread and vegetables with everything. Even if i had to put salt and pepper or a touch of butter or even like broccoli and cheese. My mom did that with me and also gave me alot of water, and i grew up LOVEING vegetables and drinking lots of water, and to this day eat only whole weat bread. My daughter now eats salad before dinner, and only likes taco bell for fast food (?? lol) but its a good way to start good early eating habbits! =)
    jax639

Answer by jax639 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My daughter is 18 mos, and thank the Lord she isnot a picky eater. She prefers kid friendly food such as hotdogs, chicken nuggets, french fries, gold fish, etc. What I do is put food in bite sizes that her little hands can hold (She refuses to use utensils for eating). Usually she wants whatever is on my plate, so I let her try it. She loves fruits and veggies. I just use salad versions (ie, shredded carrots). They are little and she can hold them in her hand. Mind you, it does get messy, but .... Her new favorite thing is marshmallows!
    SPatton

Answer by SPatton at 12:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My daughter is 16 months she dont eat much meat only weenies on occasions.
    She loves.
    Lettuce, raw onions, tomatoes, carrots, pizza, lo mein or any pasta, raviolis, campbells cinderella chicken noodle soup, the hamburger helper in the togo small containers, cabbage, cheezits, bannas, peanut butter on a spoon, fruit cups, her grandma makes beans almost everyday and cactus and my daughter loves this.
    Heaven0802

Answer by Heaven0802 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2008