My baby can't go...

My 7 month old is having trouble going poop...He has been pushing to go for the last couple of days now. about 3 days, and he just can't go. I feel so bad for him. I've been feeding him twice a day and he should be going..? I put some kalo syrup? In his bottle (thats what his doctor recommended to do) and still nothing! Anybody know anything I should do to help him go?

urbuttacup88

Asked by urbuttacup88 at 8:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried cycling his legs, and pushing his knees up to his chest? that helped my daughter when she was constipated, it was pitiful to watch her
    megdwalls

Answer by megdwalls at 8:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Have u tried pear juice or any other juice? You can also buy pediatric glycerine suppositories at your local pharmacy. I was told to cut one and insert 1/4 of it into my baby's bottom.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 8:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• What have you been feeding him twice a day? Does he drink juice? What kind. I have a friend who has this problem and she has found that if she makes rhubarb juice and has a juice glass of it every morning she has no problems. The way to make it is to cut up a pan of rhubarb into about two inch pieces and cover with water. Boil it until it is soft and pour the water off of it. Cover the same rhubarb with water again and boil just a few minutes more. Strain off the juice into the other juice. Stir in a package of koolaid, a can of pineapple juice and just enough sugar to make it good. Refrigerate or freeze, if you made too much to use within a few days. I don't know what juices your son has been introduced to or if he has alergies, but if it is within his food range, this might help.
    Tess48612

Answer by Tess48612 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• NO karo syrup! Yikes. Baby pears, or better yet a good probiotic - my DS had to have 1 daily from 3 weeks to 15 months in order to poop.
    Anonymous

• i use dried up prunes and canberry juice also raisins work really well..have you though about taking him off any kind of iron formula if hes on that?? too much iron can make a baby constipated too..also it could be a milk allergy ..im bout to get my dd tested for thAt too. also if you give him to much cheese that could be it also...mayb look into a yest allergy ..i have a frined thats allergic and the yest actually attacks her body she dsent break out or go into a shock but the yest grows inside her body and attack it that way..good luck
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• prues works well or apple juice
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 1:09 PM on Jun. 12, 2011