Doctor recommends nakedness

it's for a diaper rash. What's a good way to do this that doesn't result in pee( or worse part of the issue is that he's had diarrhea) on everything?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 8:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Idk about that. When I let my kids run naked, they don't pee. But if he has diahrea, that would be a different story.... how old?
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 8:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• 10 months
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• can you put him on a towel on the floor, maybe put a trash bag on it if you're afraid he'll poop all over
    megdwalls

Answer by megdwalls at 8:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• How's the weather where you are? You could take him outside and let him play while he's naked.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• First, how old is your son, second instead of naked use cloth training pants and make sure to check him every 30 min to see if he needs changed. If he is old enough put hiim on a potty chair or seat and help him learn to go potty there.
    CandySarasmom

Answer by CandySarasmom at 9:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Big thick not-special blanket or towel on the floor & a close watch! I did it frequently and you really just have to keep a close eye on them. For me it was easiest to get a longer period of nakey time after giving them a bath.
    Anonymous

• It's summer, so put him outside. I allways used the play-pen for this cause I can hose that down.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 9:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Outside fresh air is really great for rashes. We would be very good about slathering on the creme and head for the outside. At least it is summer. You can lay down some towels, place a bedroom sheet over them, lay blocks or other toys of interest and let your child play. Some times switching diaper brands is a hood idea to try as well if you have been with the same brand for some time. Cutting down on juices if your child has any juice is a good idea too.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:53 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I use training pants.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 11:53 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Maybe after a poop for small periods of time but id just get some destine
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 12, 2011