Are you a Mom on Food Stamps, Medicaid, or other government assistance? This is for you!

For anyone receiving government assistance, I saw a commercial the other day for a company called Safelink. It said if you receive food stamps or medicaid or etc (can't remember what else) you could qualify for free cell phone service (monthly minutes, voicemail, caller ID, etc. for free). I tried calling but Kentucky is a state that doesn't participate. I think everyone who doesn't have a trustworthy means of communication (or even if you just don't have a cell), you should call and see if you at least qualify. You never know when you'll have an emergency or break down on the road. 1 (800) 977-3768 Safelink Wireless. It's at least worth calling, even if you don't know if you'll qualify.

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 11:21 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Here is the website, also.

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/EnrollmentPublic/Home.aspx
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:29 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Thank you in advance for thinking of all the moms on here who might be interested. Any other posts such as this might be very beneficial for moms.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:25 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• There are very few states that participate in this program. You are only given around 1 hour a month for use but it's great if there is an emergency!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:28 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• No problem! I know there are a lot of moms on here on government assistance. I know I could really use it too, because I have no phone, and I'm almost 9 months pregnant. But unfortunately my state doesn't participate! Hopefully all you other moms have better luck with it though!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:28 AM on Dec. 11, 2008