Can your kids wear what they want to school? within reason

We just got dress code next year for public high school,no hoodies,all shirts must have collars and any pant/skirt/dress that has belt loops must be belted.

RobinChristine

Asked by RobinChristine at 8:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in

• Why would a public school be giving you that kind of dress code, sounds crazy to me, lol. But as long as it conforms to the dress code they can wear whatever, IMO.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• No, our dress code for elementary is pretty restrictive. No short shorts and no tank tops. the tank tops thing gets me- I always considered them normal clothes (they are allowed if the sleeves are at least 4 inches wide- I'd OK them at 1 inch, but I think the issue is some 5th graders who have developed and bra straps showing??) At least the little girls need shorts under dresses because they sit cross-legged on the floor.

Oh, and there are shoe regulations, because of the PE and playground

But I forget most of the rules. I have a boy and nothing was relevant for him. I'm trying to ensure at least 90-95% of my daughter's clothes from now on meet the rules so that we don't have fights every morning as she gets ready for school.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Very strict dress code. Khaki's and collared shirts M-TH and if less than 4 people per grade level have violations then they can wear jeans and Harborside shirts(that's the school). Public charter school. And, if a kid has too many violations they lose character points and their grades are lowered. I LOVE this school and their rules.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• At the public schools in our area, they have dress limitations rather than codes.... no pants falling off the butt, etc. but as far as my kids, they don't have a dress code, lol, because they are homeschooled...
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 10:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2011