How much should I pay sitter to come on vacation with us?

the sitters r 18 yr old twins who babysit our 2 kids all the time together. So they r here on vacation with us for 7 days and I dont really know how much to pay them... Any suggestions? By the day? The week?

survivor79

Asked by survivor79 at 8:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Umm, your taking them on vacation so it should not be much
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I am guessing that you are providing them with everything, but things that they want, like souvenirs, so I would think that a flat rate for the week would be acceptable maybe $75 or $100 a piece.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• about 100 each or ask their parents what they think as you are already paying for their children to go on vacation see what they believe is approperate.
    takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 8:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I say a 100 each.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Same as you would pay them at home for as long as they're watching your kids while you're on vacation. Everything else they're getting a free vacation out of (assuming you're paying for everything), and have agreed to go.
    Anonymous

• I know times have changed, but 3 summers in a row, when I was 15, 16, and 17, I went on vacation with the family I sat for - they had a family cabin on a lake, we went for 4-5 days, I didn't have to take care of the kids a whole lot - they'd have 1 date night, I'd help with swimming, etc, if we went shopping I helped keep an eye on them, nothing major. They fed me, took me along, and that was honestly enough for me! They gave me $100 each time though, which was nice. I agree with $100 each, but base it on how much they actually watch the kids with you not there - if they're not alone with the kids much, definitely not more than that, but if they're there to babysit most of the time so you & your DH can have plenty of adult time, then at least that much, $200 each maybe.
    Anonymous

• If they are taking care of the kids as much as they do when you are at home than their normal hourly rate.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I would pay the normal hourly/weekly rate plus pay for them to be on vacation with you.

I had the family I was a nanny for take me and my hubby (bf at the time) to Cabo San Lucas with them for 10 days. They paid me my weekly salary, and paid for my flight, hotel and a few meals. All I had to do was watch the kids for 2 days and 2 nights. I loved that and would do it again in a heartbeat!
    kmqw229

Answer by kmqw229 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I would pay a weekly rate, but the going rate for sitters varies depending on where you live. We generally take our sitter with us on vacation for a week, but we still pay her the normal rate - it's not HER vacation, she's still watching kids!

Answer by missanc at 8:07 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• People I know usually pay by the week. You'll need to figure the amount of hours she's "on duty" (if your kids sleep through the night she isn't working)j. Rates really vary by ages of the children and the area you live in.
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 7:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2011