How should I decorate my 3 year old's room???

I am somewhat torn between 2 ideas...because I LOVE decorating rooms and I get really creative...and I LOVE both ideas...BUT...what do you think:

A) Earth and Space room: Moon night light on wall, spacey bedding, solar system light fixture OR ceiling mobile OR wall decals, some space ship decor picked out by daddy and touches, glow stars etc... Blues and stars overall

OR

B) JUNGLE ROOM: with "giant" leaf awning (IKEA) over bed, hand embroidered jungle animal wall hanging (made by his Nonna), Greens and animal prints overall

HE will love either one...and I know I don't have forever to choose for him...because eventually they get choosy LOL

boomamma

Asked by boomamma at 8:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think the 2nd one would be cool. But I am a jungle person ands I love animals!! I would love to do this to my dd room. Just reading your post put in a million suggestions in my head!! lol
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 8:23 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• at our home our son actually has a combo of those he has the stars (a projector) on a blue painted ceiling. he also has the jungle green walls and a tan accent wall. we included space decals that glow and also some jungle animal decals that don't so that during the day all u really see is the jungle room and at night its space!

takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 8:23 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I personally, for a 3 year old boy would choose the 1st. But my son got to pick his bedding and such when we moved here at 3 so I didn't have to worry about picking it for him, lol.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• My three year old picked out almost all of his bedroom stuff himself and it is an interesting assortment of Toy Story, Winnie the Pooh and alphabet decorations, it was really fun to see what he chose. In your case I think it depends on how often you plan to redecorate your son's room. The Earth and space idea would be "cool" for longer but I know my three year old son would go for the jungle stuff given the choice.

Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 3:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2011