Do you think trying for another baby would help feel the void in my heart from my m/c?

I am having a really hard time still and all i keep thinking about is that baby how much i wanted it and how much i wanted to hold it and take care of it and now its gone. Would trying again help feel the void i am feeling?

amberc09

Asked by amberc09 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• how long has it been? y did you miscarry? if it is something that will not happen again then it may very ell make you feel better but if it happened again it might get worse. if you are going to try to have another anyway then as soon as the doc's say its ok then go ahead. we had 2 miscarriages before a perfect baby boy held out the 9 mths and after that 2nd i was devastated because after 3 they say there is something really wrong. i was thankful but it would have killed me if it happened again.

takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 8:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• It has almost been a week since i lost it and it was my first m/c i have two healthy little girls. I lost it at 6wks 1 day and they said it was a natural m/c
    amberc09

Comment by amberc09 (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Honestly, I don't think that ttc another one just yet is the best idea. I am so sorry for your loss. Really, I think you need to just take a little time right now, to process your emotions.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 8:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• we tried right after the bleeding stopped both times and got pregnant all 3 times within 6 mths. the doc said when you feel ready go for it your body will know when it is ready.
    takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 8:38 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I had a M/C and was in the same boat. I started charting, testing and most of all praying. Well After I stopped all that and changed my prayers God gradted us with another, Ive been so worried but here we are at 36 weeks and She is healthy.
    God has a plan for you and your family.
    babyhuey2

Answer by babyhuey2 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Were you TTC when you got pregnant? If so, I say go for it as soon as you feel healthy mentally and physically.

If you were not TTC before, and are having these feelings only after the miscarriage, I would give it some time to sort out the emotions. You need to be sure that it is legitimately what you want, not the grief taking over. The depression, guilt, and sadness can be terrible.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:38 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Honestly?? Nope. I still feel the void left from my miscarriage in July 1999. That baby is always going to hold a small piece of your heart. It does get easier with time, but it never completely goes away. ((Hugs)))
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I'm struggling with the same problem.. have you found out why you miscarried or is there no known cause? Sometimes if it happened for a specific reason you want to get your health in order before trying again, because having two miscarriages because you rushed it isn't a good idea.. i would say it's only been a week, put your energy into your two daughters, and let nature take its course.
    Ellebaybayxo

Answer by Ellebaybayxo at 5:15 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• i know how u feel. except for no children yet, but if the m/c was due to health id wait at least a little while.but if it wasnt due to health id still wait a while or see what your dr says, the dr normally says try as soon as you think you should.but sometimes it doesnt hurt to wait for a while and sort out everything. im so sorry for your loss.itll get easier in time.i want a baby but im waiting till i get my medicine and my body in good shape ( ive had a long health problem history and we werent trying when i had the two m/c) good luck in your next ttc.if u ever need to vent feel free to inbox me! also ud be surprised what the women in your family might be able to provide as far as comfort if your close to them.
    luckygirl2000

Answer by luckygirl2000 at 8:30 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• yeah i really do,
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 8:34 AM on Jun. 12, 2011