Birth control almost killed my friend please read!!!!!

Has anyone had any issues with the birth control pill called Apri?? I'm asking cause my friend was on it for like 3 months and not has blood clots in each lung and was in the hostipal for 3 days and is on cumdain anyone else have this issue or know someone who has???c P.s once is a while she smoked but not all the time and didn't finsh it all and she is only 25

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• did she smoke?
    takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 8:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Once is a while cause she quit
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Most hormonal birth control has a risk for blood clots. Sorry to hear about your friend.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• She's only 25
    Anonymous

• ALL HORMONAL BIRTH CONTROL HAS A RISK OF BLOOD CLOTS, HEART ATTACK AND FERTILITY PROBLEMS. YOUR FRIEND SHOULD HAVE RESEARCHED IT.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• But even her begin so young?? I'm Only asking because the doctors says it might be the pill but one doctor doesn't think so because she wasn't on that long so they are running tests to seecmight have caused it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• All BC has that risk. it doesnt matter if she only smoked half a cig or one a day or even a puff smoking is smoking either way you look at it. Death doesnt care what age you are.
    Anonymous

• It's crazy they have pill to help u not get pregnant and the dumb pill can kill u craziness
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• All BC pills have risks. They are not good for us.....it is politics that keeps them on the market and the fact that it makes big bucks for the pharmacies and companies that makes them...I am so sorry for your friend...I hope she gets well soon. And if it wasn't the pills that caused it, I pray they find the answers....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Thanks shes just having a hard time cause she's only 25
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2011