Climbing out of crib help!

ok dd is 16mnths and has just started climbing out of the pack n play and crib in the last two days..she has to stay in either one at some point during the day..at night in the pack n play and during the day the crib..we are pinched for room at night thats why she doesnt sleep in her crib..during the day the crib is mainly to keep her safe while im busy cleaning etc..does anyone know how to keep her in either one? She cant have a toddler bed yet shes way to small only 18lbs..and we cant turn her loose either shes gets into everything and we are scared she will get hurt

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The weight of the child has nothing to do with a toddler bed. If you explain to her when you tell her no about getting into something it will not matter how much space you have or don't have. My granddaughter knows that when I tell her no there is a reason. She at one time tried to get into my medication and when I told her no I also told her that if she were to eat MeMe's medicine she would get a bad owey and it could make her very sick. Anytime I tell her no I give an explanation (yes, I know that some people don't think we should explain why we are saying no) as this helps her to understand what could happen. Your child is old enough to understand no and the reasons for it. Good luck.
    CandySarasmom

Answer by CandySarasmom at 9:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• If she is climbing out bed then it's time for a toddler bed... make sure her room is child proof and put a saftey know on the inside of her door so she can't wander the house.
    We had to move my son to a toddler bed at 17 months becasue he kept climbing out too...
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• sounds like its time for eather a toddler bed or her mattress on the floor with a baby gate. also go through a baby proof the house and tell her no if you dont want her touching things
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I never really had that problem with my daughter. She was in a normal twin bed at the age of 1 and we would use a baby gate in her door way so she couldnt get out. We also had the living room totally baby safe and a baby gate so she couldnt leave the living room while I was cleaning in the kitchen. I suggest baby gates and baby proofing so she cant into anything and telling her no when she does try to get into something.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2011