Has any one ever been diagnosed with having a crvical polyp during pregnancy?

I was told that I have a cervical polyp when I went for my first prenatal visit in Sept. My doctor said she wouldnt remove it because the cervix is so soft that it would cause unncessisary bleeding. She said if I have my son vaginally it will just tear off during delivery. If I have a c-section she will clip it off then. I had an incident of it bleeding, and I went into panic mode!! I called the doc and she said the bleeding wasnt from my uterus, it was from this polyp! So the baby is perfectly fine! Iwas so scared! I am 20w. 3d. this is my first baby. Has any one had this or heard of it?

1stmomcsum71

Asked by 1stmomcsum71 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I experienced bleeding the first two months of pregnancy and wasn't told much about it. I was told I had cancer cells first weeks of pregnancy but that was not the reason for my bleeding. I wonder if this is the same thing. I'm 7 months pregnant now and have not bleed since. hmmmmm
    Anonymous