I'm going crazy.

My SO and I are on a break. We need time to figure things out. We haven't been apart in almost 7 years. I know we need time, but I'm going crazy. Even if I don't want things to be okay right now, I just want to grab him and say nevermind let's just forget it all and be okay. But that's not healthy for us right now. We NEED the time. But in the meantime, I can't do anything. Nothing makes me feel better anymore. I don't really have any friends, and even when I try to just get up and go out nothing helps. I literally feel empty. I'm not saying I'll never be happy again, I'm just so full of fear. I'm sure I'm not the only person to ever go through this, but I don't know what to do with myself. Any advice? Should I talk to him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• This is just me, but I wouldn't talk to him yet. That will just make you miss him more. You need to just concentrate on you, yes easier said then done. But I have been there, I understand. Do you exercise regularly? If not, start! Even if you just run at home. Do you have your college degree? If not, maybe take a couple classes. Find a group or club to join, something you enjoy or want to learn.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 9:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I did join a gym and have gone almost every day this week. Problem with everything else is, I just can't focus on anything. I'm so anxious all the time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I know how you feel....same thing happened with my bf and I...I tried to find things to occupy myself but nothing happened. I remember saying to myself "I know I had a life before him! What did I do?" But we got back together so I guess we'll never know! lol
    k.raine

Answer by k.raine at 9:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I agree...you need to use this time to do something for yourself and figure out who you are as an individual instead of as an "other half". What your own ambitions are, what kind of mother you want to be, financial goals, etc.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• How long have you been seperated? It will be hard for a couple weeks, but the longer you stay away the easier it will be. My husband and I had a 5 month seperation a couple years ago, best thing we ever did!! Happier then ever now! It doesn't always end that way, but what is meant to be and what is best will happen in the end! How old are your kids? What can you do with them to keep your mind busy?
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 9:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• be as creative as you can and make things that you can show to others and be proud
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2011