Abortion

I know this is the hottest debate topic out there however, i would like to tell you a story of something is happening very closed to home and its not to change anyones mind about abortion however, maybe sometimes in this case it might of been the best option for this poor child.

I would send the link of the story but i rather not for my own privacy reason. its right where i live.

ok this couple had a newborn baby in a car and the father killed the baby with cinderblock. he told the mother he was going to take the baby to the hospital to safehaven. however, he did not he took the baby behind where he worked and smashed her with a cinderblock twice. and then buried here. then he then went to a family gathering out of state and told a family member what he did.

the newspaper also said the mother knew he was going to kill the baby. she was charged also. now his little sister was also in the car when the baby was born.

this is not sitting well with me at all. i am very emtionally upset about this.
oh they have another child also. he told police because they couldn;t afford another child. i also learned noone knew she was pregnant.

i guess this is not really much of a debate but does anyone think this baby was better off aborted then what the child went through. at least it would of not been viable to live outside the womb.

i don;t know i am just very upset.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Better off being adopted by a family that wants a child. Stories like this break my heart but so does abortion. There are so many couples out there unable to conceive that would love to care for children....then people like this have kids. I will never understand.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• luvschocolate over 40% of abortions are obtained by women who were using birth control the month they conceived. It's not that simple, although I wish it were
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• So very sad. I am for abortion, in certain cases...I guess I'm the "gray" area of abortion. In cases like this, yes, it would have been better all around to just have aborted the child. I feel for the other children. How can you live with yourself after doing something like this?
    k.raine

Answer by k.raine at 9:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• And I think by saying "we should've aborted the baby because it's going to die anyway" opens a HUGE can of worms. I understand you're broken hearted and looking for an answer...it's absolutely heartbreaking and my heart yearns for this sweet baby. But unfortunately I'm not sure this has much to do with a man and woman not wanting the baby. I think it has to do with him being a murderer and sick.
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• It's stories like this that make me glad I'm prochoice! Seriously, had she aborted when she found out she was pregnant, this never would have happened! And seriously, the adoption system is already overfilled, adding another 4BILLION children a year helps no one, certainly not them!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I'm going to second cdecker83 forr sure. Better off adopted. I don't think this is an abortion issue, as much as it is an issue of a very disturbed sick couple who went to extreme measures. Death is never a good answer.
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 9:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• This is a hideous story. I do not know how to bring abortion into this conversation. I do not know if we even should. It takes away from what is. I am sure this was devastating to everyone involved.

ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 9:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Or......he's just plain crazy. And obviously (not to start a debate) he didn't mind letting people know he had a baby because he told a family member he killed the baby.
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• The father was an idiot. He knew he could have dropped the baby off at a hospital no questions asked. He chose to do something stupid instead. Abortion would not have been better. The father not being a murderer would have been better.
    Anonymous

• I have to agree with you. Those babies/kids that are abused and neglected would be better off not being here and not remembering than being here and being killed by their 'parents'. Thing is the parents that act like real nurturing parents would disagree with me because you haven't seen things that would make you understand what I'm saying. I love kids, but I see things that make me think this...sadly.
    newmom2bgtwins

Answer by newmom2bgtwins at 2:29 AM on Jun. 12, 2011