How can i convince my husband that is time to start ttc again after my m/c?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• You may be ready to start ttc, but is he? Although men handle a m/c differently than us woman do, he may still be dealing with it. Just sit down and talk to him. Let him know that you are ready to start ttc once again when he is. Try not to pressure him and make sure you know how he is feeling about it. Good luck!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• You can't. He apparently needs to take more time. It is hard but give him the time that he needs to be ready.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• you don't. at best you try to seduce him, but not with the intent of getting pregnant again. only with the intent of being with him.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:01 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• You BOTH have to be ready, the mc is painful for him also i'm sure, and seeing you upset has probably plagued his mind.. i would just give it more time, or tell him how much you truly want to try again.. and ask him if he's ready, if he's not.. it's something you'll have to accept.
    Ellebaybayxo

Answer by Ellebaybayxo at 5:05 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Thanks for the support i really appreciate and we talked about it and he just isnt sure yet what to do. Said it really hurt him to see me go thru that and is scared that it will happen yet again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Usually for men the thought of TTC after a miscarriage can be scary because a miscarriage brings a tramendous amount of pain to the whole family but for a man seeing his wife go through both the physical and emotional pain of losing a baby the pain can be unbearable. I could see the pain in my husbands eyes when he saw me crying. I had an overwhelming desire to be pregnant again as soon as humanly possible.

For my husband, even though he was scared, he saw us TTC again as a way to make the pain go away. While it certainly did not go away it did help fill the emptiness I felt.

Telling my husband the stastics of a healthy baby the next time, validating his feelings and going through it together led to us getting pregnant 8 weeks later. I am 16 weeks along now.
    Anonymous